Belka
Piątek, 16 Listopada 2018   imieniny: Maria, Edmund, Marek
Rejestracja Witaj: Gościu, Zaloguj się
 
Belka
 

Nidzica - Neidenburg

 
History: "The settlement was founded in 1355 by the Teutonic Knights and received town privileges in 1381 from Winrich von Kniprode. Although a member of the Prussian Confederation, it remained with the Teutonic Order after the Second Peace of Thorn (1466). It then became part of the Duchy of Prussia after the secularization of the Order's Prussian territories in 1525. In 1656 Neidenburg was unsuccessfully besieged during the Northern Wars. The town became part of the Kingdom of Prussia in 1701. Half of Neidenburg's inhabitants died from plague from 1708-1711. It became part of the German Empire in 1871 during the unification of Germany. At the beginning of World War I in 1914, Neidenburg was heavily damaged by invading Imperial Russian troops; the town was reconquered and rebuilt by the Germans after the Battle of Tannenberg in 1914. As a result of the Treaty of Versailles, the East Prussian plebiscite was organized under the control of the League of Nations on 11 July 1920. The votes were 98.54% for remaining in Prussia and 1.46% for joining Poland. During the Kristallnacht riots in November 1938, the synagogue was destroyed and two Jewish inhabitants, Julius Naftali and Minna Zack, were killed by Nazi SA members, while several others were injured. The surviving members of the Jewish congregation were deported and killed in the Holocaust during World War II. Neidenburg was the seat of Landkreis Neidenburg in East Prussia until 1945; in that year the Red Army entered and occupied the town while pursuing the retreating Wehrmacht. While many if not most German civilians had fled the area, many of those who remained experienced atrocities at the hands of Soviet soldiers who found themselves on German soil for the first time. Lev Kopelev, a Soviet officer and later dissident, described how he was appalled by the acts of murder and looting against those who remained. In the post-war settlement, Neidenburg fell within the area of East Prussia granted to Poland, and the remaining German population was expelled. Rather than being renamed to the traditional Polish name Nibork, the town received a new name, Nidzica."

 


mamydosc
 
Data pliku video: 2013-10-07, Źródło artykułu: youtube.com
Komentarze
Brak komentarzy, Twój może być pierwszy!
Autor:
Kod z obrazka:
Puste pole z komentarzem
Puste pole z podpisem
loading...
Wyszukaj
 
Kreska
Kreska
Najnowsze komentarze
 
    Kreska
     
    Polecane

    DOSTAWCY-INTERNETU-W-POLSCE-NAJLEPSZY-INTERNET

     




    Brak sond
     
    Newsletter
    Bądź na bieżąco z nadchodzącymi imprezami. Zapisz się na bezpłatny newsletter.
     
     
    nidzicki 

    Powiat nidzicki – powiat w województwie warmińsko-mazurskim, na Pojezierzu Mazurskim, z siedzibą w Nidzicy. Przynależą do niego gminy: Nidzica, Janowiec Kościelny, Janowo, Kozłowo oraz miasto Nidzica.

    Turyści zachwycają się pokrzyżackim zamkiem o charakterze rezydencjonalno – obronnym w Nidzicy oraz innymi równie ciekawymi zabytkami: - klasztorek, w którym znajduje się archiwum państwowe, kościół św. Wojciecha z XIV w., cmentarz z I wojny światowej w Orłowie, Łyński Młyn. W powiecie jest sporo jezior, które również przyciągają turystów i nie tylko – stanowią doskonałą rozrywkę dla samym mieszkańców. Oprócz typowych szlaków rowerowych i pieszych, możemy tam uświadczyć także szlaki wodne, np. Szlak Kajakowy po Łynie.

     

     

    Zgłoś uwagi - uzupełnij wszystkie pola